Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lip Gloss War - Smashbox vs. Maybelline

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss is nice, a little sticky which I normally hate but this is tolerable and the price is okay for a Smashbox product. The first time I used it I thought it was going to be trashed because my lips were so dry after the 1st use. I picked it up again a few weeks later and haven't had the same issue so that is nice. The tube is also a more compact size compared to drugstore brands. I actually like this because I tend to keep my lip products in the cell phone pocket of my handbag.

Maybelline Color Sensational Gloss is one I picked up on clearance at my local store for $2.57 solely based on the color and the price. To be honest I didn't expect much but for the low price it was worth a shot. This gloss is not sticky at all, comes in very nice colors and to be honest my only complaint is that the tube is too large to keep in the cell phone pocket.

The winner:  Maybelline Color Sensational Gloss based on price and formula. I will buy the Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss again in the future if the price of the Maybelline Color Sensational Gloss is not discounted so heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment